Meet the team
Aina Khan OBE, Managing Director & Solicitor
- Fellow of the ‘International Academy of Family Lawyers’
- Officer of the Order of the British Empire
Aina Khan OBE is a world-renowned Family law specialist with over 30 years’ experience and over 5,000 cases. She provides decisive, speedy and cost-effective legal settlements and offers agreed fees per stage of the case. Aina is a leading expert in international families. She also has an unparalleled knowledge of Islamic and Asian family issues. She is regularly instructed to prepare Expert Reports for Judges and individuals.
Aina quickly identifies the precise solution to complex legal issues, sets innovative strategy at the outset and delivers lasting results in:
- Children arrangements; relocating and moving abroad
- Divorce, separation, nullity, dowries, return of jewellery and belongings, Islamic finance settlements (Mahr claims)
- Family businesses, Franchises, Shareholdings, Company Assets, Trusts
- Fathers’ & grandparents’ rights to see children
- Financial settlements after divorce
- Freezing Orders on properties, cars, bank accounts
- International families; ex-pats; jurisdictional disputes
- International and Islamic marriage and divorce
- Offshore assets; under-declared assets and income
- Tracing missing assets in the UK and abroad
Aina works with expert teams in Property, Wealth Management, Alternative Dispute Resolution and more. She is the Founder of ABAL, a trusted network of leading legal experts in over 70 countries across Europe, the Middle East, the Far East, South East Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia. Aina often appears on media, writes and lectures at UK and International Universities and plays an active part in community affairs. Aina often appears on media, writes and lectures at UK and International Universities and plays an active part in community affairs.
Aina Khan is:
- Advisor to Government – Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Defence, Home Office, Foreign Office, Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government, Parliamentarians
- Founder of ABAL (Across Border Alliance of Lawyers ) https://abal.world
- Director of ‘Register Our Marriage’ law reform campaign to eliminate unregistered religious marriages www.registerourmarriage.org
- Author of “Islamic Alternative Dispute Resolution” for LexisNexis’ Family Law Service
- Law Society’s Family Law Advanced Panel; Resolution member
- Married with 2 children
Ash Hussain, Family Lawyer
Ash Hussain is a consultant family lawyer. She is passionate about family law, is 16 years qualified, has been recommended in the Legal 500 by name and she has extensive experience and knowledge in family law. She regularly shares family law content on her social media channels and has also developed a following.
She is a member of Resolution – First For Family law and she promotes a strategic, constructive and conciliatory approach on the resolution of family law matters. She navigates family transition with compassion, negotiation and preserves what is most important to individuals and that is children, assets and peace of mind. She also recognises that in some cases, this is simply not possible or practical, and where needed, she will take a firm and robust approach on behalf of her clients. She is calm in her manner, straight-talking and gives clear and practical advice. The majority of her cases settle via negotiation and without the need for court litigation.
Deena Farhat, junior paralegal
Deena speaks fluent English and Arabic, she is currently a Law student at the City University of London and a Junior Paralegal to Aina Khan. With her considerate and accommodating approach, she is the first point of contact for new clients and contributes greatly towards casework to the firm.
Deena is excelling in her role and has a passion for family law. Her objective is to become a family law solicitor once she has completed her LPC/Masters and obtained a training contract.
CLIENT SUPPORT TEAM
Ebru Aksit, Divorce Coach
Our Divorce Coaches work with our clients in the UK and abroad to provide ‘wraparound care’. Ebru works on Divorce Financial Settlement cases to provide a full support package (including helping to complete Form E for financial disclosure and ensuring emotional wellbeing. Her services are included as part of our Agreed Fee packages.) Ebru has a forensic eye for detailed finances and a warm and patient manner that clients find especially soothing.
Elaine Hodgins, Clinical Hypnotherapist
Elaine is one of the top Clinical Hypnotherapists in the UK, with over 30 years’ experience. She sees clients via Skype video. She uses NLP, CBT, and EFT to accompany Hypnotherapy. Each client receives tailored therapy for their unique requirements.
MANAGEMENT AND ADMIN TEAM
Imran Safdar, Business Director
Imran manages our Business Development, Operations and Finance, IT Strategy, Disaster Recovery & Risk Management & Accounts teams.
He has diverse experience as an IBM Relationship Manager in the Banking and Finance, Pharmaceutical and SMB sectors; as a Siemens Relationship Manager; and as a consultant to law firms, implementing quality standards and best practice.
Ingemar is a Consultant and keeps an eye on practice management issues and ‘Best Practice’ for the firm. He is a solicitor with over 25 years’ experience in private practice at all levels up to Department Head and Board level. Ingemar is also a Mediator of Civil & Commercial Disputes and a Non-Executive Director.
Michelle Woodham, Office Manager
Michelle Woodham is often the first point of contact for courts, barristers and experts and provides a friendly and efficient service.
Michelle has over 17 years’ experience as a Legal PA, with a background in Family Law and Court of Protection matters working in firms within Berkshire, Wiltshire and Central London. In her spare time Michelle enjoys baking, reading and spending time with her family.
Our team speaks fluently: