Meet the team
Aina Khan OBE, Managing Director & Solicitor
- Fellow of the ‘International Academy of Family Lawyers’
- Member of the International Bar Association.
Aina Khan OBE is a world-renowned Family law specialist with over 27 years’ experience and over 5,000 cases. She provides decisive, speedy and cost-effective legal settlements and works closely with a divorce coach and hypnotherapist when needed. Aina is a leading expert in international families. She also has an unparalleled knowledge of Islamic and Asian family issues. She is regularly instructed to prepare Expert Reports for Judges and individuals.
Aina quickly identifies the precise solution to complex legal issues, sets innovative strategy at the outset and delivers lasting results in:
- Children arrangements; relocating and moving abroad
- Divorce, separation, nullity
- Family businesses, Franchises, Shareholdings, Company Assets, Trusts
- Fathers & grandparents’ rights to see children
- Financial settlements after divorce
- Freezing Orders on properties, cars, bank accounts
- International families; ex-pats; jurisdictional disputes
- International and Islamic marriage and divorce
- Offshore assets; under-declared assets and income
- Tracing missing assets in the UK and abroad
Aina works with expert teams in Property, Wealth Management, Alternative Dispute Resolution and more. She has for many years had a personally chosen, trusted network of legal experts across Europe, the Middle East, the Far East, South East Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia. Aina often appears on media, writes and lectures at UK and International Universities and plays an active part in community affairs.
Among other things, Aina Khan is:
- Advisor to Government – Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Defence, Home Office, Foreign Office, Department of Communities & Local Government, Parliamentarians
- Author of “Islamic Alternative Dispute Resolution” for LexisNexis’ Family Law Service
- Director of ‘Register Our Marriage’ www.registerourmarriage.org
- Law Society’s Family Law Advanced Panel; Resolution member
- Married with 2 children
Ingemar Hunnings, Practice Management
Ingemar is a Consultant and keeps an eye on practice management issues and ‘Best Practice’ for the firm. He is a solicitor with over 25 years’ experience in private practice at all levels up to Department Head and Board level. Ingemar is also a Mediator of Civil & Commercial Disputes and a Non-Executive Director.
Nabila Fowles-Gutierrez, Divorce Coach, Divorce Survival
Nabila works with Aina Khan’s clients, and often with their older children, to provide a full support package through divorce and complex family proceedings.
With over 18 years of casework experience helping thousands of clients in crisis, Nabila is expert in managing complex cases, including:
- protracted and acrimonious proceedings
- parental alienation in children cases
- child protection
- domestic abuse
Using a unique and empowering approach, Nabila helps our clients transform their lives after divorce and relationship breakdown.
Elaine Hodgins, Clinical Hypnotherapist
Elaine is one of the top Clinical Hypnotherapists in the UK, with over 30 years’ experience. She sees our clients at her Clinics in Harley Street London, in Berkshire, and on Skype. She uses NLP, CBT, and EFT to accompany Hypnotherapy. Each client receives tailored therapy for their unique requirements.
Elaine specializes in the following adult issues:
- Chronic pain
- Sleep issues
- Self Esteem
Many of the children Elaine sees have experienced their parents’ separation or divorce. This can affect them greatly and trigger anxieties, bedwetting, nervous tics and eating disorders. Elaine is known as the ‘go to’ expert in helping children and her success rate is exceptional.
Elaine specializes in the following children’s disorders:
- parental alienation
- separation anxiety
- sleeping problems
- selective/picky eating
- school phobias
- autism, Asperger’s, dyslexia
Imran Safdar, Business Development Manager
Imran manages our Business Development, Operations and Finance, IT Strategy, Disaster Recovery & Risk Management.
He has diverse experience as an IBM Relationship Manager in the Banking and Finance, Pharmaceutical and SMB sectors; as a Siemens Relationship Manager; and as a Consultant to law firms, implementing quality standards and best practice.
Michelle Woodham, Executive PA
Michelle Woodham is Aina Khan’s PA. She is often the first point of contact for clients, courts, barristers and experts and provides a friendly and efficient service.
Michelle has over 17 years’ experience as a Legal PA, with a background in Family Law and Court of Protection matters working in firms within Berkshire, Wiltshire and Central London. In her spare time Michelle enjoys baking, reading and spending time with her family.