We are committed to providing high quality legal advice and client care.
However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service provided, please inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is handling your matter. If you still have queries or concerns, please contact Aina Khan OBE, who is the Managing Director. She is the Client Care Manager, to whom any final issues can be reported, on: [email protected]
Formal complaint procedure
The following outlines our recommended procedure for making a formal complaint. Please note that making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
- A formal complaint should be addressed to our Practice Manager, Ingemar Hunnings, who can be contacted by email on: [email protected] or in writing at 25 Southampton Buildings Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1AL. Please set out the details of the complaint.
- We will acknowledge your complaint within seven working days of receipt.
- Mr Hunnings will show your complaint to the person responsible for your matter and ask them to conduct a complete review of the file and to respond in writing. They will also interview any members of staff involved in your matter.
- You will receive a written response to your complaint within 21 days from the date the complaint is first received. This response will set out the result of our investigation, any proposed resolution and if relevant, any procedural changes we will make to ensure the situation does not arise again.
- In the event that you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint we will refer you to the appropriate authority should you wish to take the matter further.
Taking the complaint further
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and complaints and redress mechanisms are provided through the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Legal Ombudsman.
If we are unable to resolve any such concerns to your satisfaction you are entitled to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman – www.legalombudsman.org.uk or PO Box 6167 Slough SL1 0EH. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
Complaints about a client’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation must be submitted to the Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
Any disputes or legal issue arising from our Client Care and Terms of Business will be determined by the law of England & Wales and considered exclusively by the English & Welsh courts.