We are committed to providing high quality legal advice and client care. We keep in regular touch with you, give you our direct lines, have a 24/7 live chat service on our website, carry out frequent client satisfaction surveys and invite feedback. However, if you become unhappy or concerned about the service provided, please tell us straightaway:
- email: [email protected] and our legal team will respond within 1 working day
- email Imran Safdar, our Business Director, on: [email protected]
- call Reception on 020 3858 8020 and ask for Aina Khan OBE’s PA who will escalate the concern
If we are unable to resolve your concern, please see below.
Formal complaint procedure
- A formal complaint should be addressed to our Client Care Manager, Ingemar Hunnings on: [email protected] or in writing to us at 25 Southampton Buildings, Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1AL. Please set out the details of the complaint and he will aim to acknowledge your complaint within 7 working days of receipt.
- Mr Hunnings will discuss your complaint with the person handling your case, ask them to conduct a complete review of the file and interview any other people involved. You will receive an email response within 21 days from the date the complaint is first received. This response will set out the result of our investigation, any proposed resolution and any procedural changes we will make to ensure the situation does not arise again.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you should email Mr Hunnings explaining why you are unhappy with the conclusion. This will then be referred to another senior member of staff who will review the complaint. Mr Hunnings will write to you within 5 working days of the conclusion of the review, to confirm the outcome. He will send details of the Legal Ombudsman should you still not be satisfied with the outcome of the review.
Taking the complaint further
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and complaints and redress mechanisms are provided through the SRA and the Legal Ombudsman.
If we are unable to resolve concerns to your satisfaction, you are then entitled to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman: www.legalombudsman.org.uk or P.O. Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
Complaints about a client’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation must be submitted to the Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk. Any disputes or legal issue arising from our Client Care and Terms of Business will be determined by the law of England & Wales and considered exclusively by the English & Welsh courts.